Job Title: Quality Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35 to £45K DOE plus bens
As a QA Analyst you will ensure that the Mio platform is delivered to a high standard of quality. Working with an off-shore QA team, you will own the execution of our client’s QA strategy and constantly look for gaps to fill and new ways to test so we can take our testing of the platform to the next level. This will involve reviewing upcoming roadmap items and client projects with the Delivery team, talking frequently to the Sales, Account and Support teams, and analysing test plans and defining new ones to ensure that the product has stellar test coverage. The selected candidate will also work with Product Owners to analyse requirements and develop test plans for new products and features as the platform expands.
The successful candidate will have a passion for software testing and digital media technologies. You will have some experience of software development using Java in a fast-paced environment are able to work independently with minimal supervision. You are willing to take initiative to get the job done and are able to communicate openly and constructively with the Delivery team (on and off shore) on matters that affect software quality.
* A degree in Computer Science or related topic.
* Experience in testing large scale, web enabled, and distributed systems.
* Experience in functional and non-functional testing.
* Great communications and the ability to deal with stakeholders across the organization.
* Attention to detail.
* Experience in the use of JIRA.
* Knowledge of test automation tools for web based UIs and server side components (JMeter, Gatling, Cucumber, Selenuim, Sikuli)
* Knowledge of Maven or other software build systems.
* Understanding of Java and OO concepts and the use of debuggers.
* Understanding of MySQL and SQL queries.
* Experience with Linux.
Please note that all candidates will be thoroughly tested and expected to show proof of the above. References will be checked and individuals may be expected to undergo CRB checks.