Job Type: Contract – 6 months/ rolling
Job Status: Full Time
My client’s Technology has an exceptional opportunity for high performing and experienced Test Managers to join a newly forming Salford based Enterprise IT test function. Your primary focus will be supporting Enterprise IT infrastructure and Business Systems’ products and projects i.e. full lifecycle testing support from procurement to implementation and service in areas including:
- Hosting Infrastructure (data centres, storage, networking, virtualisation)
- End user compute (desktop, email, office apps, collaboration, pan-BBC business applications)
- Unified Communications (Instant Messaging, Video Conferencing, Telepresence, Telephony)
- Identity Management and Business Services (authentication, Joiners/Movers/Leavers, printing, assistive technology)
- Business Applications including Enterprise Resource Planning, Workflow and Collaboration software, Intranet and extranet applications, mobile and web applications, production business tools and externally facing solutions
Reporting to the Enterprise IT & Business Systems Senior Test Manager, you will help to shape the day one capability of the team and also shape future test capability in line with projected demand for the test function and changing business needs. You will be accountable for the following key areas:
- Managing the testing functions for projects, programmes, and programme work streams to confirm that my client goals are met for a project/product. For most projects this will require the oversight of all phases and the day-to-day UAT management for a project.
- Scripting and execution of key test phases (predominantly UAT) to ensure key success criteria are met
- Contributing to the development of professional standards and ensuring these are implemented and maintained
- Co-ordination of resources ensuring skills and knowledge are aligned to the client’s requirements
- Meeting project performance targets and following relevant business processes
- Testing and/or Delivery supplier relationship management and partnership working where projects are delivered jointly or project delivery is outsourced
- Establish links with other testing functions across the business to establish best practice across the organisation and potentially share resource and expertise
- Introduce tools and push adoption to encourage knowledge share and reuse of test artefacts
- Consider and adapt to different delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Lean) and look to implement techniques that are appropriate and fit the context of the organisation
- Train and Inform wider delivery resources on how testing is critical to a successful projects and what constitutes good testable requirements/use cases
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will have great analytical and requirements focus, significant experience and a strong delivery record in Testing Management with broad exposure to all test phases and experience in providing consultancy and support to all product and project lifecycle stages. You will be experienced in delivering a successful Testing function to projects in partnership with 3rd Party Suppliers. Experience of managing and developing diverse teams is essential to this role.
- You will be commercially astute, engaging with suppliers and stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and working with a range of delivery partners and other business teams, adapting quickly to new business areas, technologies and accurately assess testing and quality requirements and risks as well as being able to interpret and resolve commercial and contractual issues when they arise.
- The ability to navigate and simplify processes in large complex organisations is essential. Media/broadcasting business knowledge and experience is an advantage. You will have a broad knowledge of IT Industry trends.
- Your excellent communication skills will enable you to adapt your style for different stakeholders (technical/non-technical/business) as required.