Job Title: Test Engineer
Salary: To £50k
Our client is an award-winning financial technology company based in the heart of Bath, just a 5-minute walk from the train and bus stations. Our client is entering a period of sustained enhancements to the platform and the surrounding services that they provide, and as a result, they need to increase our development capacity and expand their capabilities.
Our client is determined to deliver technology that will keep them ahead of the competition and there are opportunities for both experienced IT professionals and those willing to learn on their feet to help us meet that challenge. If you like working in a highly collaborative environment geared towards frequent delivery of high value and quality business solutions, our client could be your next step.
- Competitive salary and up to 15% Discretionary bonus each year.
- Relocation assistance, subject to qualifying criteria.
- 25 days holiday per calendar year, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year.
- Flexible working, working from home and flexible working hours and informal dress code.
- Tech Scheme (buy discounted electrical products and pay back monthly via Company payroll).
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Supported and encouraged Professional Development such as vocational training, Hack days, conferences, meet-up events plus regular social events.
- Private Medical scheme, income protection scheme, group contributory pension scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- Internal mentoring scheme.
- Interest free season ticket loans for travel costs and corporate gym membership rates.
Our key objectives
Our client is embarking on a significant period of growth that will result in them having the best wealth management platform in the industry combined with an efficient operation that enables great outcomes for our end-users. To achieve this, they need outstanding individuals to join the team to enable and support the following outcomes:
- Deliver sustainable value to our customers and colleagues in the possible time with the maximum benefit.
- Create a healthy work environment that supports team members to thrive and develop through continuously learning.
- Optimise cost-to-serve so that we can provide the best value platform in our industry.
- Embed common ways of working across teams and with our key partners to deliver business and technical agility.
- Ensure quality, security and compliance is built into everything we do making inspection redundant.
- Foster and optimise operational excellence in everything we do.
About the role
The Automation Tester will work as part of a collaborative agile team comprised of business SMEs, test analysts and developers that sprints at a two-weekly cadence. In this role you will redevelop our customer facing products using the latest technologies and you will be part of an Agile team building a modern scalable and flexible microservices architecture to support the future vision of our company.
Your role will involve:
- Providing Automation testing to the IT Dev test team and supporting TDD and BDD practices and the “shift Left” testing philosophy.
- Adopting Software Development in Test (SDIT) as the target way of working.
- Management of tight timescales and alignment of Automation tests on each team so that automated testing reaches the definition of done within each sprint.
- Collaboration with the Product Owner and Scrum Master whilst being a hands-on Tester within the team
- Constantly challenging and evolving, existing practices and processes and sharing with the teams.
You will take pride in delivery, continuous improvement and capability development. This is not a role for a “next stepper”. Your background will include:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of Automation Testing using Selenium and C#, along with proven ability to design & implement automated test cases.
- Working knowledge of integration, user acceptance, performance, functional & non-functional system testing.
- Configuration of automation tests to run as part of a continuous integration environment
- Have experience using Specflow
- Experience of SDIT.
- Knowledge of working in GIT.
- Experience of working on systems, integration and regression testing for inhouse software development
- Experienced in working with agile delivery framework (Scrum with 2-week sprints).
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Business-Driven Development (BDD) ideally gained within a components/microservices architecture.
- Experience using Azure DevOps
- Ideally ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Software Testing
- Working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with NoSQL database (Mongo).
- Experience of Azure Service Bus, nServiceBus.
- Knowledge of non-functional testing e.g. performance testing (JMeter)
- Support the Feature Test Team in identifying Automation Candidates during Refinement.
- maintain Automation Coverage at agreed levels across the estate
- facilitate updates/improvements to the Automation suite and coverage of the Regression packs
- define appropriate automation coverage for new functionality
- engage in Release Management tasks at each stage of the Sprint
- perform Risk assessments at point of release
- identify level of automated regression coverage for each release
- maintain automation regression coverage following functional updates
- all UI tests are created/maintained to ensure the Automation Target is met
- all API/XML tests are created/maintained to ensure the Automation Target is met – This will be the shared responsibility of Dev & Test teams
- ensure Automated Regression Test Results are available for Review both internally and for 3rd party Audit
- identify Breaking Changes from proposed Feature work
- to maintain an Automation Backlog inline with Automation Priorities
What’s it like to work for our client?
Our client has a culture based on transparency, trust, collaboration, achievement and fun. They appreciate one and other and are outcome oriented. They want to help you achieve, within a team environment, grow your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance. They are selective on who they employee making sure that candidates have the values and behaviours required . Working at our client is a bit like climbing a mountain. We all know which way is up, make sure if someone slips the rope is secure and they don’t fall, and they all reach the summit together and celebrate not only our achievement but how we got there.