Job Title: Test Analyst
My client in Manchester is currently going through a period of change as they pair with a new Managed Testing Service and looking to add too their internal test teams.
They are looking to take on a number of Test Analyst’s into their UAT Team to undertake Test Analysis on tactical, strategic and business as usual initiatives within the IT Portfolio in order to enable the selection and implementation of appropriate testing solutions to meet IT Portfolio delivery timescales.
- To review requirements and design specifications, plan, design, execute and report tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques for UAT test phases
- Conform to agreed standards, to ensure that new and amended systems and interfaces perform as specified
- Developing an understanding of the system under test by reviewing requirements and design documentation. Acting as a QA function to ensure the item under test is fit for purpose from a testing point of view, and will liaise with requirements, design and development teams
- Assisting the Test Manager and Test Lead in estimating test scope, resources and schedule
- Generating test plans, test prioritisation and other test documents
- Perform impact assessment, estimate the resource and schedule needed for any system changes via Change Control
- Design test specification and test scripts, demonstrating that the test documentation has traceability back to the requirements in the project documentation
- Executing test scripts, recording test results against the expected results and retaining for future reference
- Raising test issue reports in accordance with the established mechanisms for the particular test phase, and liaising in investigation into defects and production of fixes
- Performance of re-testing after defect fixing
- The generation of regression test packs for future use
- Witness testing, attend acceptance testing with suppliers where required. Assessing and approving software subsystem release
- Contributing to the test summary report
- Must have a strong technical background and understanding as well as proven experience of UAT and working with business teams.
- Experience of working with the Finance Sector; ideally working on Mortgage System and Arrears Management; candidates with this will be preferred.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Proven background in Test Analysis
- Strong stakeholder management