Job Type: Contact – 6 months/ rolling
Job Status: Full Time
Job Title: Senior Tester / Test Lead
Are you a self-motivated and sharp individual with experience of testing that can help us beat cancer sooner?
We have a new opportunity in IT Services for a Senior Tester. The main purpose of this role is to provide leadership to the testing function within the Online Applications capability/team, both in terms of people management and also testing strategy. The testing function is responsible for co-ordinating and executing systems testing and UAT on all internally and externally developed services.
We’re looking for a testing specialist and strong team leader for the test management of various projects managing testers within 8 different agile scrum teams.
- Defining test strategies/plans for projects
- Facilitation of inter-team communication across many agile projects
- Presenting an aggregate view of testing utilisation to high level management
- Personal support, mentoring, and professional development for testers
- Coordinating the test teams and monitoring their performance
- End-to-end Test Coordination
- UAT Test Management
- Following up any outstanding open test risks / issues
- Managing the gathering and interpretation of test results
- Compiling test metrics for management
- Identify test approaches that optimise the delivery schedule
- Planning and estimating
- Supplier documentation review
- Formal documentation review meetings (requirements & design)
- Resource estimation
- Defect Management
- Production of Test Closure Reports and chairing of Exit Meetings
- Day to Day management of Testers
- Third party test team management
- Test Automation
As Senior Tester, you’ll also act as an interface to the business, Digital and IT Relationship Management teams, engage and collaborate with stakeholders, Project Managers, Analysts, Developers to ensure good communication and understanding with the business. You’ll need to engage and assist testers to ensure test plans and activities are high quality and are used effectively.
Our clients pioneering research has helped double survival rates in the last 40 years. We work to inspire volunteers, unite the scientific community, educate the public about cancer prevention and tell our story to the government to bring about change. Our IT Department is made up of over 150 staff that are innovative, imaginative and bold in their work and enable the Charity to achieve extraordinary things every day.
To join us in this Lead role, you’ll need to have:
- Previous experience of team leadership and mentoring of a testing function, especially in a matrix environment with high degree of inter-dependencies
- Strong experience in systems testing, including integration and end to end testing experience
- Proven ability to lead major public-facing web applications and interfacing to customer data systems
- A solid understanding of online marketing and content management/CRM
- Experience of agile methodology and working in an in-house software engineering environment
- Excellent working knowledge of testing practices and methodologies (e.g. experience of automated testing, continuous integration, load and performance testing)
- Excellent working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
- A solid understanding of BDD/Behat practice.
You’ll have a passion for testing and quality assurance, new media, CRM and web technology and will keep abreast/interested in the latest relevant technology trends. You’ll also have the ability to cope with change and contribute to improvement cycles, and is change oriented.