Job Type: Contract – 6 months/ rolling
Job Status: Full Time
Job Title: Business Test Manager, Digital
The core purpose of your role will be to estimate, plan, prepare, manage and report on user acceptance testing in line with programme requirements to ensure that all Digital change is fit for purpose to the business and customers.
- To take full responsibility of engagement, estimating, planning, preparing, managing execution, reporting and Review on a portfolio of change and manage a small / medium sized team of test analysts
- Apply different estimating methods to estimate timescales, effort and costs for the testing phases. Produces the overall test delivery plan defining the business test deliverable milestones, test tasks and activities. Monitors progress against the test deliverables plan, identifies slippage and develops strategies to recover
- To lead a portfolio of change e.g. a Monthly Business Release (BR) and manage the UAT tests across the team, including concurrent engagement, planning, preparation, execution and reporting activities.
- Responsible for quality (compliance with standards and procedures), timeliness and completeness of the work they and their assigned resource deliverables
- Line manage, motivate and develop team members (permanent and contractors), ensuring their performance is of the highest standard to meet the needs of the business
- Be accountable for robust governance to ensure programmes and projects adhere to the agreed testing methodology, fusing approved processes, standards and software to realise the best colleague/customer experience
- Leading deployment and releases and manage First Occurrence Validation (FOV) across a team of up to 20 testers
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with accountable executives, customers, suppliers and colleagues across multiple business units / divisions
- Help develop test planning, preparing, reporting and financial reporting processes.
- To develop risk-based user acceptance test strategies and plans
To report defects through the agreed process and assist other programme colleagues to find the best solution to the problems
- To manage a complex data set and ensure that an appropriate set of test accounts are available for each change
Key Skills / Experience required:
- Proven structured / method based Test Estimation and planning experience.
- UAT / Business Test Background and understanding of UAT / Business Test Principles
- Excellent Stakeholder Management skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Good QC Skills
- Range of test methodology (waterfall / Agile) experience.
- Strong Team management experience with experience of managing off / on shore blended teams
- Ability to multi-task and handle concurrent test streams
- Defect Management Skills
- Good understanding of Risks management in strongly structured and governed environments.
- Good experience of Quality Assurance of functional test phase.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience of managing multiple test projects
- Basic Understanding / Experience of the challenges and principles of Mobile Testing
- Experience of Digital testing
- Automation skills / understanding
- Experience in Support / Implementation / Deployment environments.